With this concept in mind, I came up with the idea of a wolf in disguise. It is always in the fairy stories that a wolf is in sheep’s clothing, so I turned this around to make the wolf the disguise. The origin of the wolf in disguise went back to biblical times, where you would play a role contrary to your own, which hides your dangerous nature. “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves” (Gospel of Matthew 7:15). I turned this around to appear as an animal, yet was kind hearted and human, or even god-like. Taking influence from folk and fairy tales, I remembered the old hag who was really an enchantress. This is shown in many Disney films, for example at the beginning of ‘Beauty and the Beast’. The Beast is approached and “his kindness is put to the test when a beggar woman comes to the castle and asks for shelter from the freezing cold, with a single rose as payment. When he shuns the beggar for her repulsive appearance, she then reveals her true form as a beautiful (and powerful) Enchantress”. So my character became a lone wolf, camouflaged into my surroundings, solitary and fearful. Yet once approached became a beautiful enchantress, with golden hair and flowing dress. It was the old saying of ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’.